Essentially this is a 'test' entry to see if I can find an accessible platform to 'blog'.
A blog is a personal website or web page on which an individual records opinions on a regular basis.
That definition is for my benefit as much as yours dear readers (or reader or not???)
So why am I doing this?
The term being at a crossroads of ones life is a bit over used and not very original I know but that's where I find myself. I've chosen to travel along a road that I have never even been remotely interested to explore before now. Previously my idea of travel was 4* hotel minimum at an all inclusive sunny resort near a sandy beach... In 5 days time I embark on a very different kind of a trip which couldn't be further from my previous ideal!
Its a significant journey following probably the most challenging year of my life, this journey is for me. Partly it is about recovery from a 'breakdown' which I have come to view as a 'breakthrough'. Together, if you join me, I will share with you my time at a mindfulness recovery retreat in Thailand and reflect how I found myself going on such adventure on my own and why.
It will be honest and real, I will talk about my deepening spiritual relationship with my Higher Power, or God, the 12 step programme which is precious to me and love for my family, friends and the planet. This may not be a great literary work but it will be authentic and I hope an interesting read which at times I guarantee will be as deep as an ocean while other times as shallow as a puddle!
Have a fantastic time Anne. Look forward to hearing all about your experiences. X lots of love, light and laughter on your trip. Daphne x
ReplyDelete